New to Yoga?
Need to know where to begin? White Flower Studio offers many different styles of yoga and most are suitable for beginners depending on your activity level. First let’s decide what kind of class you are looking for.
If you are looking for a slow and gentle introduction into yoga:
- Yin Yoga on Monday evenings at 7 pm would be a great place to start. This class is designed to lengthen and stretch the muscles and connective tissues that might get ignored in a regular workout. It is a slow moving class that would be a great way to heal injuries or bad habits.
- Bliss Yoga on Friday mornings at 9:30 am is also a slow moving restorative style class that focuses on core opening and decompression of the spine. It is suitable for all levels and is also incredibly healing.
If you want a slightly more upbeat introduction to your yoga practice
- Monday mornings at 11 am.
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:30 am
- Tuesdays at 4:30 and 6:15 pm
- Thursdays at 5:30 pm
- Saturdays at 9 am Saturdays at 9 amo While still not fast paced classes, these options listed above are all suitable for those of you with no limited mobility or serious health conditions. The instructors will offer more fluid movements that are a bit more challenging.
If you are looking for a more meditative/energetic approach to your practice
- Kundalini Yoga on Wednesdays at 7 pm – The yoga of awareness. A typical class combines postures, movement, sound, mental focus, breath work and meditation.
- Hatha Slo (Quiet Yoga) on Fridays at 11 am – Beginner friendly fluid movement to be done with limited sound and more “quiet space”.
If you are looking for a fairly active and challenging approach to your yoga practice
- Embodi Flow on Mondays at 5:30 pm – Fluid movement that focuses on alignment and awareness. Modification available for all levels.
- All Levels Yoga on Saturday 10:30 am – More challenging Vinyasa style class. Modifications available for all levels.